Get Known :
Situation : Sikkim
Popular As : Tashi tagye
Importance : Auspicious Signs Related To The Life And Teachings Of Buddha
The eight signs are called as "Tashi Tagye" in Tibetan. These auspicious signs are intimate with the life and teachings of Lord Buddha.
1. The Dug (Parasol) : The parasol of power represents the influence of Buddha. The parasol defends the skull as of the searing sun’s heat like the law is defended by mind as of the passion.
2. The Sernya (A Pair of Golden Fishes) : This depicts the eternal life and factors like rebirth, here this pair of golden fishes shows the ability to swim without getting distracted from the world.
3. Bhumpa (Vase) : This gives a representation of good health, material happiness and long life.
4. Pema (The Lotus Flower) : It represents the final goal that is enlightenment. Here you can take an example of lotus which comes out of the dirt but doesn’t carry dirt with it.
5. Dhungkar (White Conch Shell) : It represents rumbling noise of dharma & indicates the development of emotion beings as of the state of sleeping of their unawareness and swaying them to the path of gracious deeds that are advantageous to others.
6. Palbheu (Knot Of Eternity) : This is a law that represents eternity and is without a beginning and end. The knot which is on the Buddha’s chest is the symbol of eternity.
7. Gyaltsen (The Banner Of Victory) : The is the representation of victory over evil powers by good, which hinders the achievement of decent goals and also glorifies the triumph of piousness over evil.
8. Choekyi Khorlo (The Wheel Of Dharma) : It represents the extension of teachings of Buddha.